Monday, December 5, 2016

Word Study Game

Every morning we do word study work where we practice different spelling patterns, review sight words, learn about nouns and verbs, etc. On Thursdays we play games to review the words on our word wall.

This past Thursday we played a "beat the teacher game!" Kids sit with personal dry erase boards in front of the big dry erase board where I am. Mrs. Levi reads us one of the words we have been practicing and we all have to write it 5 times (in the four corners and middle of the board) as quickly as we can on our boards. The kids are working to beat me in how quickly they can write the word, my disadvantage being that I have to use the giant board! If any of the kids finishes writing before I do the kids' team gets the point. We keep score on the board and this gets pretty exciting! For our first attempt at the game the kids beat me 7 to 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment