Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Extra Math and Sight Word Practice Through the Blog!

I have had some questions about practicing math skills and sight words online, at home, since RAZ Kids and the kids' blogs are available from home for kids to practice reading and writing. Today I updated the math and Fry word tabs at the top bar of my blog so that you are better able to practice these other skills at home!

The Fry Words tab provides links for interactive practice of first grade sight words. Memorizing sight words is an important part of learning to read and students would benefit from the opportunity to practice this both at school and at home.

Teachers at our school use the Everyday Math as a guideline for K-2 math instruction. I created a tab at the top of my blog with a link to the student login for the Everyday Math website. Once students/parent log in you will have access to games, practice, and information corresponding to each unit of study in first grade math. The other math tab at the top of my blog leads to many different math practice and math game links.

If you are looking for additional ways to practice first grade skills at home, please click on the tabs along the top of my blog and have a look at what is there! There are links to many different resources you may find useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment