Thursday, June 13, 2013

Our Final First Grade Project!

Today was the last day of our 2012-2013 school year! This morning we had Step-Up Day where students all got to go to their new classroom and meet their new teacher and new class for next year! I got to meet all of my incoming first graders for the fall which was both lots of fun and showed me just how big and grown up my current first graders have become! I had such a fun year and am going to miss my class! I received so many flowers, cards, gifts, hugs, and some tears today. Thank you. I feel very loved and hope that my class does too. I am excited for next year but still have a heavy heart sending my class on!

Yesterday our class made our final project of the school year which was a book for the incoming class called, The Scoop About First Grade. Each student made a page for the book with a large ice cream cone on it. On one of the ice cream scoops they wrote, "In first grade we _____" and filled in the blank with one of the important things we learned or did this year. This morning I read the book to our class, then again to my new class during Step-Up to help get them excited about first grade. Here are the things our class wrote:
"In first grade we...
hatch chicks
write "All About Chicks" books
go to the Flynn Theater to see a play
learn about Mexico
read harder books
write a lot
make a Vowel Bat during word study
make chick projects
go to Airport Park for Field Day and the bike ride
learn to read
do weather projects
do harder math
read chapter books at Read Aloud time
learn about chicks and play with them
write in Monday Journals
have two math journals"

Below are photos of our class making the pages for the book. Enjoy and have a wonderful, safe, fun, and restful summer! I hope to see you all in the fall!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free photo slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment