Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chick Number Two Has Arrived!

I just watched our second chick hatch a few minutes ago while I was doing some after school work! I got some great photos showing the process of his hatch. He had been pecking a little hole in the egg all day but once he made a large crack around the top of the egg the rest only took a few minutes. When the first chick saw him starting to push out, the first chick came over and started to help! You will see him pecking the second egg in the photos below. Our first chick has been alone all day and hoping for a friend. He is now making all kinds of excited noise and following the second chick all around the incubator though it seems that the second chick just wants to be left alone for a nap! "I just hatched! Let me be. I'll play with you later!"
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A digital slideshow by Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment